Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Duffy & Estelle Top U.K Charts

'Soul singer' Estelle and our last week's 'Introducing Artist' Duffy have topped the U.K charts. Estelle's new single 'American Boy' featuring rapper Kanye West off her album 'Shine' is for the third week in a row the number one single. Duffy's debut album 'Rockferry' has again reached the number one album spot. The interesting point here is that Estelle spoke out against Duffy saying "You can't tell me that you can redefine soul music as Duffy and Adele because I didn't grow up (with it) and I don't identify with it". Duffy recently responded with MTV UK saying "I don't wanna stand as a definition of soul music and I don't think I ever will but there is influence of that in my music". Congrats to both, I felt they both deserve success.

No comments: