Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cynthia Nixon's Secret Breast Cancer Battle

'Sex And The City Movie' actress Cynthia Nixon has spoken out for the first time about her secret battle with breast cancer two years ago.

The actress told 'Good Morning America' on Tuesday that she had a lumpectomy followed by six and a half weeks of radiation. 

Nixon kept her condition a secret scheduling her surgery on a Sunday to avoid missing her performances on off-broadway play "The Prime Of Miss Jean Brodie" 

"I Didn't really want to make it public, while I was going through it. I didn't want the paps at the hospital" she told GMA. She also admitted she was "scared". 

It's a brave thing for her to come out now and talk about it, I'm sure it will help others who are dealing with it to talk about it. I'm also sure girlfriend of four years Christina Marinoni was there to help her through it. 

No comments: